It just might cost you only $17 to add "Keyless Entry" to your motor home. Apparently some E350/E450 cut-away chassis are equipped from Ford to work with a keyless entry key fob. To find out if your's is so equipped, try clicking the key on and off 8 times within 10 seconds. If the doors lock and then unlock, then you have the keyless entry electronic module installed in your chassis. If so, you can buy brand new Ford OEM key fobs from legitimate sellers on eBay for $17 a piece including shipping, and then program as many as 4 of them yourself which appears very easy to do.
From the Ford Owner's Guide, under the Locks and Security section:How to reprogram your remote entry transmitters
You must have all remote entry transmitters (maximum of four) available before beginning this procedure. If all remote entry transmitters are not present during programming procedure, the ones missing during programming will no longer operate the vehicle.
To reprogram the remote entry transmitters:
1. Place the key in the ignition and turn from the (2) LOCK position to (3) OFF.
2. Cycle eight times rapidly (within 10 seconds) between the (3) OFF position and (4) ON. Note: The eighth turn must end in the (4) ON position.
3. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been activated.
4. Within 20 seconds press any button on the remote entry transmitter. Note: If more than 20 seconds have passed you will need to start the procedure over again.
5. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that this remote entry transmitter has been programmed.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to program each additional remote entry transmitter (up to four transmitters).
7. Turn the ignition to the (3) OFF position after you have finished programming all of the remote entry transmitters.
8. The doors will lock, then unlock, to confirm that the programming mode has been exited.
Return to FAQ Index